Wednesday, July 28, 2010

start-up

few people call me the 21st century woman
i try and work hard for 5 days a week
get time to love my family in the other 2 days
try multi-tasking all the time and fail most of the times
apricot scrub in one hand, jimmy on the other, my head tilted towards the right trying
to catch up with an old school friend
post-it notes and time management techniques are a parcel of my life
8-am breakfast, 1 and 8 pm lunch and dinner all happen by default
the dreams are pretty much regular
mostly what i see is black screens with white codes
hear alien languages where i try to scream but no voice comes out
gone are the days when i felt a lot like love
today even love making has become a normal chore

but sometimes when i wake up from the sweaty dreams
and look by my side, i find him sleeping
gearing himself up to adjust to the next project site
and then when i open my old green and pink diary
kiddish yet beautiful handwriting shows up
so many smileys and asterisks on all the sides
that is when i ask myself
did i work all hard to achieve this
i m not very sure. but i think
i should start up

No comments:

Post a Comment