Sunday, March 2, 2014

Heights of Superiority Complex

Bangalore has a severe 4-wheeler parking problem. The independent houses do not have parking spaces and every household parks its vehicles in front of their house. 2/3rd of the street that I live is blocked from both the sides with just cars. I live in a rented house and when the landlords saw me with a car, the first thing they said was ‘We already have 3 cars. Think of your own garage space’. While I was hunting for a parking space, I heard sentences like the following:

- Ask your landlord to provide a space for the car. Don’t park in front of our house. (As if they bought the street in front of their house)

- It is becoming very inconvenient for us to take out the car in the morning. You see, my husband leaves at 8 am. (Yes, I know what you think of us – Lazy monsters)

- You have parked this car at almost the junction point. Yesterday, a young fellow was almost about to hit. (He was drunk, Dude) 

- We have an Audi A5 you see. My son is planning to get another BMW. See that space, park your vehicle there. (Thanks for all the info)

After a few trials and errors, I finally found a space to park the car – a street away, close to a park and in front of a medium sized Bungalow. Like a normal day, I was parking my car under a tree shed close to the house when a guy comes out and says ‘I’m the driver of the Assistant Commissioner of Police, move your car a little to the front’. I still wonder why I reacted that way that day. I laughed to his serious question and replied, ‘Ok, you have scared me’ and to my surprise, he giggled too.

*The italicized sentences were what my heart said in its mute form.

No comments:

Post a Comment