Thursday, April 17, 2014

My best friend’s wedding…

… Payel – yes, the post is dedicated to her.

Some of our common friend’s sing various songs for her – ones which have her name in them. As she is getting married tomorrow, the most appropriate song out of many (I think) is the below:

Specially dedicated to you, Payelia

The sad bit is that I’m not going to be part of her wedding and no matter how apologetic i feel about it, it is not going to bring down her anger on me. I deserve it right I guess. My father often tells me ‘Circumstances are more powerful than Men’ and I’m reminded of this quote every now and then.

Payel: I know you would look beautiful. I have cried atleast 5 number of times watching Shubho Drishti’s in Bengali weddings. I would be missing yours big time. It is one of the ‘best’ part of the wedding and was secretly looking so much forward to it. I think of myself as a dreamer and fantasizer and would be imagining you tomorrow with Radhaa-Krishna motif’s and that ‘perfect’ smile which always reminds me of your pure heart and kindness.  This is one of your “most” important days in life and I’m as happy as your Parents (just not any less) seeing you getting married.

An exceptional student, friend, daughter, sister and colleague that you have been, I’m sure you will be a marvellous wife and partner. Waiting to hear from you about the paintings F-i-L is gifting you and also looking forward to the poems you are being gifted. Feel blessed and enjoy a lot. Believe me, you are lucky!

I would be meeting you as soon as you are here. Loads of love and Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment