Thursday, October 9, 2014

What music does…

…To me. It’s the greatest medicine ever made on Earth, the best thing that ever existed, will exist, etc. There are moods and there is variety of music to suit them, compliment them, sometimes to make them even better. I don’t care about my existence, the why’s and how’s of the world when it comes to Music, it flows smoothly through my veins and directly into my heart and within a few seconds everything feels alright.

I’m lucky to have figured out that something in life gives me so much happiness. People think of me as one of those stupid souls who are not fit for the world. ‘She lives in her own worlds’ they say. And why not, my activities make them feel so. Not that I would acknowledge myself as one such but to the eyes of an average man, maybe I’m that lost-good for nothing-careless-unbothered creature.

There is a flask, it falls one day from the table, breaks into pieces. I stare at the pieces and say nothing, just pick them up and move on with life. I know it is a rich vase (by money’s standpoint). People expect me to shout and talk. They expect me to be angry. Only because someone else has broken it, someone lower in the economic strata of mankind. My thought process is simple – I myself could have broken it, why make a fuss. I know it was a nice looking one but not more than the self-respect of a human being.

I take out bags from my wardrobe to gift it to my family. They rummage the insides and find out small items inside the same. They prove that I’m careless. I don’t have a problem people forming opinions, I have a problem with them making judgments. I had kept the small items inside the bags to surprise myself at different points of time, that is whenever I opened them.

People describe some of them as good and others bad. If you join the hurdle and start believing their definition of good and bad, you will be appreciated and included in the group. Else you are called a fool. What they fail to understand from here is that this is the ideal person to share your thoughts because he/she will never talk bad about you to others. But no, you are the ‘bad man’.

As my sister puts it,

‘Simple things in life are the most extraordinary. Only the wise can see them’.

And I really don’t care what the non-important ones think of me. I have music for life Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment