Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bus-Drivers in bangalore

I was in the bus going to my training center in Bangalore. Both my hands were engaged – one with a plastic bag which had my tiffin box and another with a cotton bag which had – I don’t know items. The second hand was also holding the iron rod in the bus so that people come to less see my dancing skills which are very poor. My eyes were searching for the bus-conductor. I just turned back and my foot stepped on the toe of a young lady who was wearing a big bindi. She gave a light shudder and I apologized for the mistake. I turned back and still could not find the conductor. I was dancing whenever the driver applied a break and then I heard a sound from somewhere which said “hello” to me in a kannada accent. I was taken aback when I found that the bus driver was doing two jobs. One, ofcourse of driving the bus and another of the conductor. This time, I did not admire a person doing multi-tasking but was horrified at his abilities. He was driving and still giving away the tickets. He distributed the tickets as fast as he could on the red signal fairly by not going to people’s seats but by making them give an attendance to him. Keeping the excitement part aside, I felt too scared then because those were my initial experiences of such kinds, i no longer worry. I thanked God when I got down from the bus and just hoped that bus driver's don’t risk their lives and of those innocent people who take public transport as their mode of commutation. From then on, I stopped climbing on to buses where they the driver himself was a conductor.

No comments:

Post a Comment