Thursday, May 20, 2010

British English

Faster did I realize this, have always heard that it is the English which is followed in Britian is what we follow - my teachers could not have lied to me about that. Many thanks to my school Principal who kept on changing the English teachers and everyone said the same. My first client call in HSBC and I figure out - how different it is from how we speak. Because of all the famous US reality shows/sit-coms that we are so used to, the teachers should now teach the students that: We are trying to teach you a language which you will not learn any better at school, so go and watch 'small wonder' at home because that helps more.

The manager was talking to me about what kind of trainings that I would be interested in apart from the universal corporate training which is mandatory. I did not have to think to reply back - "Understanding the accent" but kept quiet because I knew it was not wise of me to ask for a training which could not be made available though every new joinee undergoes the same pain. May be initial pains are what are enforced upon you and you need to cross such barriers to become a FTE.

All said, hope I can convey the same thing to the analysts at the other side and they dont get frustrated with my repititions of 'pardons' and 'please can you repeat' and 'sorry i dint get you'. God!! this is tough and my school friends told me i had a flair for languages - these guys never told me the truth :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment