Monday, May 24, 2010

It hurts and it really does

Ma called me up that day. I had actually told her about my plans to go to my friend's sister's wedding. I gave her no choice this time, just told her that I had booked tickets for myself and would come back after 3 days. She listened to me patiently and then said she would call me after sometime. When she did, I faced the unexpectable. She gave me all the reasons why I should not be attending the wedding and at the end concluded by saying, "You have really grown-up and I thought you were still that lil motu sweet dolly of mine" and hung up the phone. I thought about the whole thing but did not feel bad.

The next day I got up a bit early than my usual time and hence was ready to leave for office 15 minutes early than the usual time. I only subscribe ET and hence at times feel the urge to read some gossips. Given the time, I thought of reading the gossip section of The Telegraph at aunt's place. As soon as I rang the bell to enter the drawing room, the aunty made a face and told me "You are too early today, if you were planning to leave early could you have not informed me a day earlier". I was shocked to hear such a thing from her and the words hurt me that day, they really did. I missed mom so much that day, she would not have done this to her daughter but never to an outsider. I realized the difference and actually understood why i love her so much. I miss you sometimes ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment