Monday, August 24, 2015

I like Calcutta the way it is

Nothing happens to this city. Nothing can ever happen. It’s a lousy city. On top of everything, we have a foolish Government running the state. All the intellectual capital has flown out and no one wishes to come back.

The above are the points I repeatedly hear from people who are either born/brought-up in Calcutta or who have a deep [Emotional and Spiritual] connection like I do. But maybe I like the way it is. The narrow dark roads which make me nostalgic. The Ghats which make me poetic. The bridges which make me romantic. The vintage shops and coffee houses that keep me cheerful. I have a Chromosome from Calcutta running somewhere inside me which keeps the charm of the city always alive within me no matter what Critics say.

dp9

No comments:

Post a Comment