Saturday, August 29, 2015

How I end up having less time

Wherever I go and whatever I do, I have an urgent surge for taking pictures. I don’t know why. I don’t even know what’s this problem or disease or phobia is called. Not that I share each and every activity I do on the social media. Nor do I have a target of reporting to someone who will review my daily tasks. I still end up taking a lot of pictures.

And then comes the bigger problem. Too many albums on the phone. All of them get uploaded to Onedrive. I clean up my phone memory once in a while. Sometimes I’m scared if I would need some pictures to show people and hence I continue to keep them for years. But I hardly open my archive to share pictures with anyone. Once I spent a whole 2 hour journey from Guangzhou to Taipei cleaning up my phone, deleting only 50% of the albums.

There is an even bigger problem I haven’t talked about. Among the retained pictures on phone and Onedrive, I don’t know how to organize/store. I wonder what will enable for an easy search in the future.

Amidst all this mess, there are too many folders – sorted alphabetically, timely, categorically, artistically, etc. And whenever someone asks me, I remember from my memory that it does exist somewhere but hunting for the right folder or the photograph at least takes 10 mins.

Moral of the story: Technology is making me really dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment